I'm going to bring this to the Papercuts Project, but I believe is not
fixable since, AFAIK Firefox still uses GTK+2, which is deprecated.

  open file dialog does not have mounts

Status in One Hundred Paper Cuts:
  New
Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu:

  Unlike most other programs in which open file dialog lists (to the
  left) mounted filesystems, firefox does not. The mounted share can be
  selected by going in home folder, -> showing hidden files-> selecting
  .gvfs -selecting the mounted share. If this is by design (not to allow
  mounted shares) then we shouldn't be able to select any .gvfs
  directory also. This also affects pages with forms in which we have to
  attach a file. (We cannot attach a file scanned and saved in an open
  common samba shared directory.)

  >uname -a
  Linux ilias-desktop 3.2.0-31-generic #50-Ubuntu SMP Fri Sep 7 16:16:45 UTC
2012
  with Gnome classic (Greek enviroment)
  >lsb_release -rd
  Release:      12.04