and the debug logs when provoking the bug

** Attachment added: "modem.log.txt"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/modemmanager/+bug/1077397/+attachment/3429763/+files/modem.log.txt

  connect to mobile broadband twice, teardown connection and prohibit
  reconnect

Status in “modemmanager” package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  I use the Vodafone UMTS stick for my internet connection and the nmcli
  command to control my network interfaces.

  When establish a connection over UMTS via:
  nmcli con up uuid <UUID of the connection>

  All works fine if the mobile broadband connection is offline, but if a
connection is already established, it gets disconnected.
  When this happen it is not possible to reconnect. Neither over the nmcli
command, nor the applet. Also a reboot of the computer does not help. Any
reconnect attempt fail.
  The weird thing is the applet show the the "Vodafone UMTS" entry in gray
under mobile broadband and white in another section of the context menu. The
command "nmcli con status" reports only my lan connection.

  The only possibility to resolve this bug is to replug the usb stick.
  After this you can connect to the mobile broadband again.

  Calling the "nmcli con up" command twice with my lan connection is no
  problem. The problem only occur with the mobile broadband.

  Package: network-manager 0.9.4.0-0ubuntu4.1
  NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
  Date: Sat Nov 10 17:19:24 2012
  IfupdownConfig:
   auto lo
   iface lo inet loopback
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20120823.1)
  IpRoute:
   default dev usb0  proto static
   169.254.0.0/16 dev eth0  scope link  metric 1000
   192.168.1.0/24 dev eth0  proto kernel  scope link  src 192.168.1.33  metric 1
  NetworkManager.state:
   [main]
   NetworkingEnabled=true
   WirelessEnabled=false
   WWANEnabled=true
   WimaxEnabled=true
  SourcePackage: network-manager
  mtime.conffile..etc.NetworkManager.NetworkManager.conf:
2012-10-31T17:45:10.567406
  nmcli-con:
   NAME                      UUID                                   TYPE
      TIMESTAMP    TIMESTAMP-REAL                     AUTOCONNECT   READONLY
DBUS-PATH
   Winkel#Oder_HofO          a6c81580-212d-4807-95e1-6e76906c6cdd
802-11-wireless   0            never                              yes
no         /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Settings/2
   Wired connection 1        9b60a295-d9f5-4ef5-8f90-0f29c7d13b56
802-3-ethernet    1352564326   Sa 10 Nov 2012 17:18:46 CET        yes
no         /org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Settings/1
   Vodafone UMTS             3233f410-9899-41d1-a108-19e90b9d604e   gsm
      1352564326   Sa 10 Nov 2012 17:18:46 CET        no            no
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Settings/0
  nmcli-dev:
   DEVICE     TYPE              STATE         DBUS-PATH

   usb0       gsm               connected
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/7
   eth0       802-3-ethernet    connected
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/2
   wlan0      802-11-wireless   unavailable
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/1
  nmcli-nm:
   RUNNING         VERSION    STATE           NET-ENABLED   WIFI-HARDWARE
WIFI       WWAN-HARDWARE   WWAN
   running         0.9.4.0    connected       enabled       enabled
disabled   enabled         enabled