Pretty annoying bug for those we are switching between languages all the
time like me (Spanish/English)... any trick of how to avoid it would be
welcomed.

Right now, the quickest (really slow) way to change it for me is:

Space+enter (I use Synapse)
Type Keyboard Layout
Go to the Layouts tab
Move Spanish to the top of the list at the left

... mmmm, not really quick....

anyone knows how to do it quicker while the bug is still in process to
be fixed?

Thanks,

Hipo

Packages, which is subscribed to ibus in Ubuntu.

  Keyboard layout doesn't show in GNOME Shell session

Status in “gnome-shell” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “ibus” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in Baltix GNU/Linux:

  Keyboard layout doesn't show in GNOME Shell session, using two layouts.
  Ubuntu 12.10.