[Expired for xserver-xorg-input-evdev (Ubuntu) because there has been no
activity for 60 days.]

** Changed in: xserver-xorg-input-evdev (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-input-evdev in Ubuntu.

  Fn-key locks up computer

Status in “xserver-xorg-input-evdev” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  When using the keyboard shortcut on my Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Li1818
  laptop to alter the sound volume, it locks up.

  If I press Fn-F5 to turn the volume up one notch (or F6 to turn it
  down), the computer will respond to this as if I was holding the keys
  and not releasing. After this All keys are dead, part from Fn-F5 or
  Fn-F6. Also it becomes impossible to open the menus in gnome. So The
  computer needs to be rebooted to work properly again.

  Fn-F7 and Fn-F8 for screen lighting works flawlessly.

  I am currently using Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex, kernel
  2.6.27-7-generic. It has been present since I first tried 8.10 out
  with the release candidate. This bug was not present in 8.04, though I
  have found it in Fedora 9 and 10beta.