I'm trying out the 11.10 Beta and my system won't suspend on lid close anymore.
Used to work fine with the previous stable release. This isn't a clean install,
but and upgrade from version 11.04, so it may have something to do with that.
I'll try a live image as soon as I can to confirm this issue. The problem is
that I can't seem to find the option to make it suspend on lid close anywhere
so I don't even know if it's supposed to be enabled or not. Using the key to
suspend works fine.
System is Asus Eee PC1000H, 2GB Ram with the last BIOS that was released for
this model (2204).

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-power-manager in Ubuntu.

  system won't suspend on lid close

Status in “gnome-power-manager” package in Ubuntu:
  Incomplete
Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:

  When I close the lid on my laptop (Acer Aspire One) it doesn't suspend
  -- simply turns off the screen.

  I expect this to get closed quickly, as I have zero technical
  knowledge and can't tell you what package it was found in.