Automatic login was intentionally disabled when ecryptfs is being used:
http://bazaar.launchpad.net/~ubuntu-desktop/gnome-control-center/ubuntu/view/head:/debian/patches/55_user_accounts_hide_controls.patch

  Option for Automatic logging in LightDM is not available in the User
  Accounts settings

Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:

  I encrypted my disk so I have to enter a password everytime I boot my
  machine. Therefore I want to avoid entering a second password during
  the login step (LightDM). Normally, this is easily configurable in the
  "User Accounts" app, part of the GNOME Control Center settings
  manager.

  However the automatic login checkbox does not appear on my computer.

  Users on Ask Ubuntu (http://askubuntu.com/questions/210823/how-do-
  iset-automatic-login-in-ubuntu-12-10) also think this is a bug.

  Package: gnome-control-center 1:3.4.2-0ubuntu19