** Changed in: hundredpapercuts
    Milestone: None => papercuts-nautilus

  Nautilus does not obey Previews preferences for non-images

Status in One Hundred Paper Cuts:
  Confirmed
Status in Nautilus:
  New
Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  Setting Nautilus preferences for previews to generate thumbnails only
  for files smaller than X does not have any effect on non-images.

  For example, if I set in Nautilus preferences to show thumbnails only
  for files smaller than 10 MB. Then Nautilus generates thumbnails only
  for images smaller than 10 MB -- but not for any other file type.
  Nautilus still generates thumbnails for non-images, such as videos or
  pdf files, regardless of their file size.

  This is a huge problem for users who have lots of big sized video
  files and don't want them to get thumbnailed, but want to keep
  thumbnailing for pictures.

  It gets especially annoying when downloading huge video files. Then
  the thumbnailing process goes on and on unless the file has finished
  downloading. As a user I feel forced to switch off thumbnailing
  completely as Nautilus fails to obey what is being set in the
  preferences.