** Tags added: quantal screencast

Packages, which is subscribed to chromium-browser in Ubuntu.

  Chromium Menu Items Greyed out and Omni bar not functioning

Status in “chromium-browser” package in Ubuntu:

  This is on a clean install of Ubuntu 12.10, with Chromium from the Ubuntu
repository.
  Chromium      22.0.1229.94 (Developer Build 161065) Ubuntu 12.10
  OS    Linux
  WebKit        537.4 (trunk@124835)
  JavaScript    V8 3.12.19.15
  Flash 11.2 r202

  I have linked chromium to my Google account and all bookmarks etc. have
synced.  After about ten minutes of use most items in the menu are greyed out,
although most still work if I use a book mark to get to the relevant chrome
page e.g. chrome://about.  None of the items should be greyed out, especially
Settings and about chromium.

  Once this starts happening I am no longer able to type a URL into the
  omni bar and get to a web page.  As soon as I hit enter on any test
  that I enter the omni bar blanks and no page is opened.

  If I use the bar for a search it correctly starts to search as I type,
  but again as soon as I press enter all text is lost.

  Normal behaviour is for the relevant webpage or search result to be
  displayed.