Public bug reported:

Hi,

It seems that the smb URI written by the system-config-printer UI in
/etc/cups/printers.conf is:
as a working one for CUPS (is the bug there?) is:
(%5C = \)

I have found an old remark [1] about this trouble related to version
0.7.49.

Regards,
Patrice

[1] http://forums.fedoraforum.org/archive/index.php/t-144852.html

** Affects: system-config-printer (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to system-config-printer in Ubuntu.

  trouble on smb URI with domain authentication

Status in “system-config-printer” package in Ubuntu: