It also affects me, the same way as described, only with *.desktop
files.

Ubuntu 12.10 64-bits.
Also using Gnome Shell from PPA, Nautilus 3.6.3.

I recall that the first time this happened I changed the size of the
icon in my desktop and this border disappeared, but this is not working
now.

** Attachment added: "Captura de tela de 2012-12-02 16:46:20.png"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/1085320/+attachment/3449949/+files/Captura%20de%20tela%20de%202012-12-02%2016%3A46%3A20.png

  White borders around *.desktop files on the desktop

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 13.04, Nautilus 1:3.6.3-0ubuntu2

  Desktop launcher files are drawn on the desktop with a heavy white
  border and very thin border in Home Folder.

  This only happens with *.desktop files. Links, folders, and files
  display normally.