** Package changed: ubuntu => network-manager (Ubuntu)

  Network manager does not not autoconnect 3g in 12.04

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  There is a selection in Network Manager mobile settings saying
  "connect automatically". Before this setting has really done what it
  says: connected a mobile connection automatically.

  In 12.04 this is broken: user has to connect manually. The  I believe
  this is a mistake and the setting should connect the computer to 3g
  network right after boot/login.

  The version on NM I am using is 0.9.4.0-0ubuntu4.1

  Distro version: Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS

  There are workarounds like this one: http://www.thefanclub.co.za/how-
  to/how-auto-connect-ubuntu-1204-gsm-mobile-broadband-connection-on-
  boot-startup-service

  There should be no need for workarounds if Network Manager would work
  like it is supposed to. The wanted behaviour, autoconnect, has been
  working in previous versions.