Public bug reported:

I've just noticed this in recent Raring updates: gnome-terminal is now
eating control-space keystrikes (C-space).

This is a pretty important keybinding when running various editors such
as emacs -nw or jed in a terminal window.  I've looked through the
keyboard shortcuts and can find no bindings to C-space.  Hitting C-space
seems to have no effect, but it is also not passed through to the
underlying program (e.g. jed or emacs -nw).  It just gets lost afaict.
C-space definitely still works in other desktop apps such as emacs24.
This also definitely worked in Quantal and in Raring until a few days
(?) ago.  I'll have to look through recent gnome-terminal changes to see
if I can pinpoint the problem.

This is a fairly serious regression as it blocks important
functionality.

** Affects: gnome-terminal (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-terminal in Ubuntu.

  gnome-terminal eats control-space

Status in “gnome-terminal” package in Ubuntu: