based on the report assign to xorg

** Package changed: ubuntu => xorg (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  login into xsession fails with xsession-errors "not a valid
  identifier"

Status in “xorg” package in Ubuntu:

  In my .bashrc I have defined a function named ‘l.’ to list dot-files only.
  This has worked with all linuxes so far and does not give any error with bash
when I source .bashrc so I regard it as an allowed function name.
  After I upgraded to ubuntu12 I get the following entry in my .xsession-errors
  /root/home/bmdadm/.bashrc: line 70: `l.’: not a valid identifier
  I have commented the function and then get
  cat .xsession-errors
  /etc/bash_completion.d/apport_completion: line 107: `_apport-bug’: not a
valid identifier

  It seems that the unitiy Xserver has some bugs or flaws as it complains about
identifiers which are allowed syntax in bash.
  There are other bash_completion packages which also use '_' as the first
characters so the Xserver needs to accept those variable or function names.