[Expired for linux (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: linux (Ubuntu)

  [iwlwifi] Wifi roams frequently and ends up disconnected

Status in “linux” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired
Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  Since moving from 10.04 to 12.04 (via a clean install), my WiFi
  connection at work frequently roams from one AP to another (even
  though the laptop has not been moved), and ultimately fails to connect
  at all.

  If I move to a different location in the facility, the problem goes
  away. Thus, I suspect it's a function of the relative signal quality
  of the various APs.

  When the laptop is booted into Windows 7, in the location (my office)
  that is most problematic, the WiFi connection is stable.  When I'm
  running Ubuntu at home or another place where there's a single AP, the
  connection is stable.

  My adapter is an Intel 5300 with the iwlwifi driver.  Security
  settings on the work network are WPA2 Enterprise, PEAP, MSCHAPv2.  The
  APs are Cisco, but I don't have access to their configuration or model
  info.

  When I ran apport for this bug report, I also had a wired connection
  plugged in, so I could be sure I'd complete the process.  The problem
  I'm reporting happens without that wired connection.

  I'll attach two syslogs.  One shows the typical sequence when the
  connection roams spontaneously.  The other shows the sequence when
  wifi ultimately fails to connect at all.

  I'm available to try alternative configurations and packages.

  Package: network-manager 0.9.4.0-0ubuntu4.1
  Date: Thu Sep 27 09:58:17 2012
  IfupdownConfig:
   auto lo
   iface lo inet loopback
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release amd64
(20120823.1)
  IpRoute:
   default via 172.31.16.1 dev eth0  proto static
   169.254.0.0/16 dev eth0  scope link  metric 1000
   172.31.16.0/20 dev eth0  proto kernel  scope link  src 172.31.20.32  metric
1
   172.31.16.0/20 dev wlan0  proto kernel  scope link  src 172.31.21.152
metric 2
  NetworkManager.state:
   [main]
   NetworkingEnabled=true
   WirelessEnabled=true
   WWANEnabled=true
   WimaxEnabled=true
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, user)
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: network-manager
  nmcli-dev:
   DEVICE     TYPE              STATE         DBUS-PATH

   wlan0      802-11-wireless   connected
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/1
   eth0       802-3-ethernet    connected
/org/freedesktop/NetworkManager/Devices/0
  nmcli-nm:
   RUNNING         VERSION    STATE           NET-ENABLED   WIFI-HARDWARE
WIFI       WWAN-HARDWARE   WWAN
   running         0.9.4.0    connected       enabled       enabled
enabled    enabled         enabled