Anyone with an idea on how to fix this? Please check if my attachments
work fine on your computer.

Also GIMP and PDF shuffler have the same problem. So I guess they use the same
library to render the pdf.

Packages, which is subscribed to evince in Ubuntu.

  Evince renders sibelius-made pdf files incorrectly

Status in “evince” package in Ubuntu:

  When a Sibelius-made Score PDF file is opened in Evince on Ubuntu
  12.10, the lines, notes and lyrics etc. are rendered really badly. See
  attached screenshots for details.

  evince:
    Installed: 3.6.0-0ubuntu2
    Candidate: 3.6.0-0ubuntu2
    Version table:
   *** 3.6.0-0ubuntu2 0
          500 http://archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ quantal/main amd64 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  What I expected to happen: the pdf looks the same as it does in
  Sibelius itself, or on my Macbook, or in other pdf viewers like
  Okular.

  What happened instead: the pdf is hardly recognizable. The notes,
  lyrics, chords, and  so on are not readable.

  Package: evince 3.6.0-0ubuntu2