Marking as duplicate of LP: #723167 because it refers to the same issue
and nobody is working in Unity 2D. And the GNOME Shell issue is
unrelated.

** Changed in: gnome-shell

   Panel does not use standard GTK/Pango font rendering/antialiasing, causing
fuzzy fonts

Packages, which is subscribed to unity-2d in Ubuntu.

  Wrong colours in panel when dash opened + coloured pixels around panel
  text when using Radiance theme

Status in GNOME Shell:
  Invalid
Status in Unity 2D:
  Confirmed
Status in “unity-2d” package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 12.04 Beta 2 AMD64 with latest updates, running Unity 2D
  Intel Core 2 Duo
  NVidia Quadro NVS 110M (nvidia-current)
  --

  When using the Radiance theme, there seem to be a few graphical issues in the
Unity 2D Panel. The text in there all has some kind of green pixely noise

  Screenshots:
  Pixels around text (zoom in to see it better):
  http://minus.com/mIExYRK99/4f
  http://minus.com/mIExYRK99/6f
  Badly visible text and icons when dash is open:
  http://minus.com/mIExYRK99/5f