** This bug is no longer a duplicate of bug 1015297
   Screen partially darkened after suspend and resume in Xubuntu

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-power-manager in Ubuntu.

  [lucid regression] laptop thinks it is running on battery after resume
  from suspend to RAM

Status in “gnome-power-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: gnome-power-manager

  I am having trouble after resuming from suspend to RAM on one of my
  laptops. This is on Lucid - it used to work perfectly on Jaunty.

  This bug, which is a spin-off from bug #510004, concerns the power
  manager: after resume from suspend it seems to think that the laptop
  is now running on battery power, so it dims the screen, even though
  the machine is still connected to the mains.

  This is reproducible on one of my laptop machines. On the second one,
  I have not observed this behavior.

  How to reproduce:
  0) Make sure you are logged in to Gnome.
  1) Make sure your computer is connected to the mains.
  2) Suspend to RAM.
  3) Resume.

  Expected behavior: The display should retain the same brightness level as
before.
  Actual behavior:      The display is dimmed.