** Changed in: oem-priority/precise

** Changed in: oem-priority/quantal

Packages, which is subscribed to rhythmbox in Ubuntu.

  CDs won't resume playing after being paused

Status in OEM Priority Project:
  Fix Released
Status in OEM Priority Project precise series:
  Fix Released
Status in OEM Priority Project quantal series:
  Fix Released
Status in The Rhythmbox Music Management Application:
  Fix Released
Status in “rhythmbox” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “rhythmbox” source package in Precise:
  Triaged
Status in “rhythmbox” source package in Quantal:

  [IMPACT]

   * Rhythmbox won't resume playing an audio CD if you pause it.

  [TESTCASE]

   * Insert an audio CD (not an mp3 CD but a traditional one you'd buy from the
music store)
   * Test if play and pause work.

  [Regression Potential]

  * None, audio CD playback is already very badly broken.

  [ Original Bug Report ]

  Start a music track playing in a usual way, such as highlighting a
  track and pressing the play/pause button or double LMB clicking on a
  track. The play/pause button icon changes to a pause icon.

  If the play/pause button is pressed the button changes to a play
  button but has no effect on the track playing. The title bar of
  Rhythmbox then has "(Paused") displayed after the artist and track
  details.

  If the play/pause button is pressed again it "goes in and comes out"
  but stays as a play button and the track carries on playing. A "pause"
  icon is displayed in the left "speaker icon" column in the track list
  next to the track that has been paused. The only way to stop the track
  playing is to "Quit" Rhythmbox.

  The next and previous track buttons do work correctly on a playing
  track, if the pause/play button is not pressed first. Also the slider
  that indicates how the progress of track can be moved left or right
  and everything behaves as expected. It is just that there is no way to
  pause/stop a playing track.

  The same behaviour happens if either the buttons on the top menu bar
  are used, or the laptop "hot key" buttons.

  If a second track is double LMB clicked to start (after a previous
  track has tried to be paused) the second track starts to play with the
  first one still playing as well. The play/pause button turns back to a
  pause button again. If the play/pause button is pressed the same
  behaviour is observed it turns to a play button, the menu bar displays
  "(Paused)" and the track carries on playing. This process can be
  repeated so that you have multiple tracks all playing and non being
  able to be paused/stop. Also using the previous/next track buttons,
  after one has tried to pause a track, causes a new track to start
  playing. A quit is the only control you seem to have to stop music
  playing.

  I have also started rhythmbox from a terminal in debug mode using:
  rhythmbox -d 2&> rhythmbox_debug.txt
  and started track tried to pause it, used previous/next buttons, pressed
play/pause again etc, so multiple tracks were playing.

  I have attached this output to this report.

  If I open the same folder of music (mp3 files) in VLC I can play/pause
  the music, previous/next buttons work ok.

  I have also tried Ubuntu 11.04 from the live CD, where Banshee is the
  default music player. I seemed to get the same behaviour with
  play/pause (ie not working) as I did with rhythmbox in 10.10.

  $ lsb_release -rd
  Release:      10.10

  $ apt-cache policy rhythmbox
  rhythmbox:
    Installed: 0.13.1-0ubuntu6.1
    Candidate: 0.13.1-0ubuntu6.1
    Version table:
   *** 0.13.1-0ubuntu6.1 0
          500 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ maverick-updates/main i386
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       0.13.1-0ubuntu5 0
          500 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ maverick/main i386 Packages

  Package: rhythmbox 0.13.1-0ubuntu6.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.35-28.50-generic-pae 2.6.35.11
  Uname: Linux 2.6.35-28-generic-pae i686
  Architecture: i386