@ Gretha:
It seems to me that you're quite an expert in OSS. But, in that case, you
should know that most of OSS developers are not getting paid for what they do
(at least not for the whole thing or in the same rate) .
Then, one realizes that they will not fix any problem, because they do not have
to do it.
Yes, an OSS project may be bad or even doomed by the users. But, OSS developers
do not always care about that.

Now, in your case, I understand that you work for a big firm with an obvious
large budget.
If you want the fixes you mention done, why don't you arrange a payment for a
developer to fix it?
I would expect it to cost about half a mid-range western European salary.
And you would then help the whole community. And you would be happy (your
clients especially).
And many more would be happy. And the developer would be happy. And it would
not cost too much.

I am sure that if you ask, plenty would do that for you (and the whole
community) for no more than 1000 euros.
Why don't you try that path?

Packages, which is subscribed to the bug report.

  LibreOffice Writer Document Compare (regression)

Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: libreoffice

  Comparing two files has reverted to the old OOo behaviour of flagging
  entire long sequences of paragraphs as different, when in fact they
  are actually identical except maybe for just one or two minor
  typographical differences.