** Changed in: evince

Packages, which is subscribed to evince in Ubuntu.

  warn user when fonts are not available

Status in Evince document viewer:
  Fix Released
Status in “evince” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: evince

  I opened this document: http://www.two-
  sdg.demon.co.uk/curbralan/papers/IfIHadAHammer.pdf in evince, and it
  looked horrible and hard to read.  As far as I can tell, the cause is
  the PDFs wish to use fonts (AGaramond) that aren't installed in my
  system.  Evince substitutes the fonts so I see something other than a
  blank page, which is good, but since the metrics of the new font don't
  match the missing font, the text looks horrible.

  I think it would be nice of Evince to notify me (unobtrusively, by a
  yellow bar above the document, with a close button on the right, just
  like Firefox does these days) that some of the fonts weren't available
  so the document may not display properly.

  ProblemType: Bug
  Architecture: i386
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 9.04
  Package: evince 2.26.0-0ubuntu1