Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: evolution (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to evolution in Ubuntu.

  spamassassin support broken in quantal

Status in “evolution” package in Ubuntu:

  Since upgrading to Quantal, evolution no longer checks my incoming
  mail with spamassassin.

  I can see the spamd process it spawned:

  mdeslaur 22916  0.0  0.6 131048 54064 ?        S    Sep21   0:09
  /usr/bin/perl -T -w /usr/sbin/spamd --socketpath /home/mdeslaur/.cache
  /spamd-socket-path-7AOLKW --max-children=1 --pidfile
  /home/mdeslaur/.cache/spamd-pid-file-ALNLKW

  I can connect to it and it successfully filters email:

  spamc -U /home/mdeslaur/.cache/spamd-socket-path-7AOLKW -R < test.mbox
  31.9/5.0
  Spam detection software, running on the system "mdlinux", has

  But evolution isn't marking any email as spam.

  Package: evolution 3.5.92-0ubuntu1