On 11/01/2013 04:11, Jason wrote:
> Public bug reported:
>
> [Ubuntu 12.10 with Gnome Classic Session]
>
> Banshee has been.. hiccuping is the best I can describe it.  Rhythmbox
> plays and seeks fine but Beatbox/Noise/Banshee it skips.
>
> It happens whenever I seek on Banshee. I click anywhere on the seek bar
> and it will play, then hiccup back about 1-2 sec and play normally. I
> seek a lot when using my computer so this is ruining my entire
> experience. I have searched and searched but have found nothing.
>
> my library is mp3 files btw.
>
> Any help would be appreciated..
>
> It worked fine on this system about a month ago.

Well that's odd. Is gapless playback enabled? Could you try downgrading your
version of Banshee to 2.6.0-1ubuntu2.1[1] and see if the issue persists?

It sounds like it could be related to the port of Banshee from gstreamer0.10 to
gstreamer1.0, but it's odd that Rhythmbox is unaffected since it also uses
gstreamer1.0 these days.

[1] https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/banshee/2.6.0-1ubuntu2.1

  status incomplete

--
Kind regards,
Loong Jin

** Changed in: banshee (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to banshee in Ubuntu.

  Banshee having choppy playback only during SEEK

Status in “banshee” package in Ubuntu: