** Changed in: rhythmbox (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to rhythmbox in Ubuntu.

  rhythmbox can't play PLS containing PLS tracks

Status in “rhythmbox” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Comparing two stream links from http://www.di.fm/ :

  the Deep Tech stream -- http://listen.di.fm/public3/deeptech.pls has
  entries like:

  File1=http://pub3.di.fm:80/di_deeptech
  Title1=Digitally Imported - Deep Tech

  the Trance stream -- http://listen.di.fm/public3/trance.pls has
  entries like:

  File1=http://stream-19.shoutcast.com:80/listen.pls?sid=1
  Title1=Digitally Imported - Trance

  Rhythmbox in precise and quantal (haven't tried raring) can play the
  Deep Tech playlist, but not the Trance playlist. It complains: "This
  appears to be a text file."

  This is probably an upstream bug, and now that I think of it is
  probably in totem-pl-parser or such rather than Rhythmbox itself.
  Anyway, I wanted to track it in Ubuntu since it affects two releases
  that I use.

  If it's helpful, and if someone can help me confirm which component is
  actually responsible, I can go and file this with GNOME as well.

  Thanks!

  Package: rhythmbox 2.97-1ubuntu5
  CasperVersion: 1.328