Fine, but, will this collect meaningful information, provided that nothing
is crashing?
Thanks,

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 12:14 AM, Tormod Volden
<1098...@bugs.launchpad.net>wrote:

> I meant "apport-collect 1098661" without the hash sign.
>
> --
> You received this bug notification because you are subscribed to the bug
> report.
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1098661
>
> Title:
>   acer aspire 1300 (S3 ProSavage) dsiplays distorted image after
>   upgrading from Ubutn 12.04 to Ubuntu 12.10
>
> To manage notifications about this bug go to:

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-savage in Ubuntu.

  acer aspire 1300 (S3 ProSavage) dsiplays distorted image after
  upgrading from Ubutn 12.04 to Ubuntu 12.10

Status in “xserver-xorg-video-savage” package in Ubuntu:

  I have a laptop Acer Aspire 1300, running Lubuntu since 10.x. Some
  years, already. Everything worked fine. The problem came after
  upgrading from Lubuntu 12.04 (in which display still worked correctly)
  to 12.10. After that, the laptop boots up correctly, but when it boots
  the display manager (lightdm) then the screen distorts completely.
  Only the upper thrid is more or less correctly displayed.

  The graphics card is an S3 VT8363A ProSavage KN 133 (AGP4X VGA
  controller), as reported by lspci.

  Modifying xorg.conf does not help.

  Changing the display manager (from lightdm to lxdm) does not help, as
  well.

  I tried with "sudo modprobe savage" (since savage does not appear with
  "lsmod"), stopping and starting the display manager. But that did not
  work. Also, it appears that the module is not kept after rebooting.

  Any ideas?