Public bug reported:

After getting a new laptop, Acer V3-551, for a long time I could not get
the inbuilt Realtek PCIE RTS5209 to mount in read and write mode. It
would always mount it in read only mode. After trying out many possible
solutions, I just compiled the driver from the Realtek website (
http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=15&PFid=25&Level=4&Conn=3&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false
) and everything now works perfectly.

So to add extra out of the box support, I'd like to request jockey to
check for this device and install an appropriate proprietary driver deb
package by default or list it as an option. Just like with proprietary
graphics, wireless etc. drivers.

** Affects: jockey (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to jockey in Ubuntu.

  Proprietary driver required to write to Realtek PCIE RTS5209 card
  reader.

Status in “jockey” package in Ubuntu: