Either a bug in plymouth, or libdrm. Thanks for finally giving me data
to back up my suspicion that renaming was a bad idea.

There are 2 possible paths forward:
- Plymouth always using the 'dumb' api, if available. This will probably need a
new version of plymouth, however, and only has been the default on raring.
- Drop libdrm renaming, and just upload a new libdrm version. The only reason
to put it in was for making plymouth pick up on the old libdrm anyway.

The third option, renaming plymouth, is nearly impossible without
changing a LOT of packages.

Eventually we'll need to do the former, but I think for now we don't
want to do that since it's only been the default in raring. As such I
believe we should wait until the raring release before we do that, since
I'm not comfortable just uploading a complete new version of plymouth
this late in the cycle.

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Quantal-LTS-stack: Showing low-resolution screen on shutdown/reboot

Status in “libdrm” package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Hardware is an Hashwell SDP with an Intel SSD. Fresh install from
  12.04.1 alternate image, then added the quantal-lts kernel and the
  x-stack (ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/q-lts-backport, pulled via xserver-xorg-
  lts-quantal meta package). Monitor is connected to VGA.

  With the new stack graphics on VGA does actually work and the system
  snaps from the grub-efi prompt to lightdm in a blink (2s at most which
  probably can be attributed to the Intel SSD). Everything is fine and
  the system definitely is running in a high resolution mode.

  However when shutting down or rebooting, the system drops into a
  screen telling me it is running in low-resolution mode instead of
  showing plymouth (or the terminal). The system will continue to shut
  down or reboot even without pressing the ok button, but it can be done
  for a bit and then would show the next screen about how to resolve the
  issue. I was not quick or daring enough to go on from the second
  screen.

  Package: plymouth 0.8.2-2ubuntu30
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.5.0-20.31~hswv4-generic 3.5.7