As I wrote in bug 831664, I also observed same exception by atempting to change
 two properties of an nsIMsgIncomingServer of Thundebird when the property
value is "undefined".
  nsIMsgIncomingServer.trashFolderName (string) == undefined
  nsIMsgIncomingServer.isGMailServer   (boolean == undefined
  If change of this property value is attempted, the exception occurs.
The property acually doesn't exist, even when value should be set by Tb.
  for(var prop in msgFolder.server)
  { text = prop + " = " + msgFolder.server[prop]; Write text to Error Console; }
  => trashFolderName, isGMailServer, is not listed.
Reason of exception in this case looks for me "property doesn't exist".

In this case, when above value was shown by button click, the value was shown
by a button click, but the value was not shown by next button click, althouh
Thunderbird won't alter property value between the two button clicks.
In my test, probability of "the property is listed" was very low, although it
was never ZERO.
If the property exists and value is normally returned, change of property value
is successful.

So, I guessed this is not problem in wrapper side. I guessed problem in object
initialization by creator of the object in Tb.
However, almost all reports on same exception of
"NS_ERROR_XPC_CANT_MODIFY_PROP_ON_WN" were closed as dup of this bug, even
though problem report on different native object.

Wrapper side problem? (fails to find property or propertyy value, fails to show
property if not initialzed by value, ...)
Or object creator side problem? (fails to define property)

  Get uncaught exception when populating a form in FireFox 3.6

Status in The Mozilla Firefox Browser:
  Confirmed
Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: firefox

  When populating an input field on a form in Firefox (Linux or Windows)
  where I select or just pass the mouse over one of the historical
  suggestions that drops down while inputting, I receive the following
  error: Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Cannot modify
  properties of a WrappedNative"  nsresult: "0x80570034
  (NS_ERROR_XPC_CANT_MODIFY_PROP_ON_WN)"  location: "JS frame ::
  chrome://global/content/bindings/autocomplete.xml :: onxblpopuphiding
  :: line 825"  data: no]

  I do not receive the error in Google Chrome

  Package: firefox 3.6.6+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.10.04.1
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-23.37-generic 2.6.32.15+drm33.5
  Uname: Linux 2.6.32-23-generic i686
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Wed Jul 14 10:02:01 2010
  FirefoxPackages:
   firefox 3.6.6+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.10.04.1
   firefox-gnome-support 3.6.6+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.10.04.1
   firefox-branding 3.6.6+nobinonly-0ubuntu0.10.04.1
   abroswer N/A
   abrowser-branding N/A
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 10.04 LTS "Lucid Lynx" - Release i386 (20100429)
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_US.utf8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: firefox