Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: nvidia-graphics-drivers (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  [nvidia] corrupted display on dual monitors

Status in “nvidia-graphics-drivers” package in Ubuntu:

  I am getting intermittent corruption on one of my monitors using
  XScreenSaver.

  I am running a fully updated Ubuntu 11.10 (64bit) installation on a
  dual core AMD proc

  The NVidia settings too reports that I am using driver #280.13 and XScerver
Version 1.10.4, and I am using an older NVideo card:
    *-display
         product: G73 [GeForce 7600 GT]
         vendor: nVidia Corporation
         physical id: 0
         bus info: pci@0000:01:00.0
         version: a1
         width: 64 bits
         clock: 33MHz
         capabilities: pm msi pciexpress vga_controller bus_master cap_list rom
         configuration: driver=nvidia latency=0
         resources: irq:18 memory:fa000000-faffffff memory:d0000000-dfffffff
memory:fb000000-fbffffff ioport:ef00(size=128) memory:fc000000-fc01ffff

  Corruption can occur on either one of the monitors, but I have not yet
  seen it in both at the same time.  Once corruption occurs,
  XScreenSaver does not recover the monitor.

  I have not been able to totally isolate the conditions, but it seems
  to occur more often if one of the monitors is displaying a maximized
  window.

  What other info might be helpful?