I think this should be marked "Fixed Released" for Precise now.

  NetworkManager restarts dnsmasq and adds host route on every IPv6
  route lookup

Status in “dnsmasq” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “dnsmasq” source package in Precise:
  In Progress
Status in “network-manager” source package in Precise:
  In Progress
Status in “dnsmasq” source package in Quantal:
  Fix Released
Status in “network-manager” source package in Quantal:

  NetworkManager stops and starts dnsmasq very frequently (every few
  minutes).  During the brief window that dnsmasq is restarting,
  hostname resolution doesn't work.  dnsmasq is getting restarted
  frequently enough that I see brief hostname resolution errors in
  Chrome several times a day during normal web browsing.

  This is on Precise with network-manager 0.9.4.0-0ubuntu4 and dnsmasq-
  base 2.59-4.

  The frequent restarts seem to be triggered by IPv6 route
  advertisements on my network.  (See log snippet below.)  When
  NetworkManager gets a route advertisement, it reconfigures everything.
  In the case of dnsmasq, this means stopping dnsmasq, writing a new
  config file, and starting dnsmasq.  NetworkManager should restart
  dnsmasq only if it its configuration changes.

  I'm attaching a snippet from /var/log/daemon.log on my system that
  demonstrates a restart.  This is with debug logging configured in
  /etc/NetworkManager/NetworkManager.conf.