Packages, which is subscribed to xscreensaver in Ubuntu.

  xscreensaver-settings breaks imageDirectory line if it is a URL

Status in “xscreensaver” package in Ubuntu:

  xscreensaver 5.15 (5.15-2ubuntu1)
  in Ubuntu 12.10

  The URL that can be set in the GUI (Advanced->"Choose Random Image"
  (or imageDirectory in .xscreensaver, it doesn't matter) is broken
  almost immediately after having used xscreensaver-settings

  For example, putting

  imageDirectory: http://www.degraeve.com/flickr-
  rss/rss.php?tags=heidelberg&num=20

  into .xscreensaver and not running xscreensaver-settings works as
  expected and it does show images of the RSS feed.

  However, as soon as I click on the "Settings"-Button, and the
  "Advanced", I'm presented with an error message that the directory
  does not exist, and then - checking either the GUI or the .-file, the
  URL is broken like as follows:

  imageDirectory: http:/www.degraee.coom/flickr-
  rss/rss.php?tags=heidelberg&num=20

  In this case:
  - http:// is missing the second slash
  - degraeve is changed to degraee
  - com becomes coom

  Expected behaviour:
  Write the entered URL into .xscreensaver and do not alter it

  Reproducible: always

  I already contacted the author of xscreensaver directly, but he
  refuses to even read bug reports for a two year old version
  (understandable...)

  Maybe it would suffice to just repackage the latest version?

  Thanks,
  Sven