Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: software-center (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  No parental filter in software centre/Dash app view

Status in Ayatana Design:
  New
Status in Unity:
  Incomplete
Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “unity” package in Ubuntu:

  I have just made the full switch to Ubuntu, and love the operating
          system. But I have one major issue. The are programs in the software
          center that are offensive to me, and are inappropriate for any younger
          users no matter what anyone else's desires\sensibilities are in regard
          to them. I respect the freedom of all who are obviously allowed to do
as
          the please, but I am concerned more as to my being able to filter
          undesirable content from the software center. Also this is exacerbated
          by the Unity desktop witch offers random apps for download and the is
no
          way to stop this except to move back to the Gnome desktop interface. I
          enjoy the new interface but will not use it if it cannot be customized
          to stop these offensive offers, and search return. I want to be able
          look only at what is on my computer. Thanks for your time and any help
          \response would be appreciated. Also since I have gotten no answers I
have removed the software center and the Unity shell, until this is resolved.