** Project changed: software-center => software-center (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  Add 'Open' menu entry Ubuntu Software Center for handling of local
  .debs

Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:

  The Ubuntu Software Center replaces Gdebi in 10.10 Maverick Meerkat,
  however the option to open deb files from within the user interface
  appears to be absent.

  I propose adding an "Open" or "Open Package" or something similar and
  intuitive to, at least, the File menu.

  I have linked this to a question that I feel shows clearly how
  confusing this is for users.