Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: nvidia-graphics-drivers (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to nvidia-graphics-drivers in Ubuntu.

  [nvidia]screen turns blank after X minutes despite settings in
  "Systemeinstellungen"

Status in “nvidia-graphics-drivers” package in Ubuntu:

  As you can see in my 2 screenshots of "Systemeinstellungen" (system
  settings or control center in English?):

  On page "Leistung" (power settings in English?) I set "never go into standby"
and on page
  "Helligkeit und Sperren" (brightness and screen locks?) I set "turn off
screen after an idle-time of X minutes" to "never". "Sperren" (lock screen?) I
turned off to.

  Yet after I leave my PC for about 15 minutes, the screen is always
  black.

  Please don't blame me for not having switched to English screen
  displays for this bug report. The "Sprachen" (languages?) section in
  "Systemeinstellungen" doesn't seem to work either, but that would be
  another story, right?

  I'm running:
  Ubuntu 12.10, unitiy, nvidia proprietary display driver (all versions those
shipped with ubuntu). And it's a desktop PC, no battery.