Can you please provide us with a typescript of exactly what happend?
(type "script" and then run through the process).  Feel free to hide any
sensitive system deails.

Also the attached file(s) you edited would be helpful.

Thank you for your bug report.

Packages, which is subscribed to totem in Ubuntu.

  gdk threads safe issue when playing totem

Status in “totem” package in Ubuntu:

  Hi:
      I use our developed gstreamer plugins, including HW decoder plugin and HW
video sink plugin, when playing totem with playlist, I meet some problems: when
playing switch to next file automatically, totem will be blocked sometimes.
      I have used gdb to debug and find out it is due to deadlock between two
threads. and the further cause is:when our video sink thread call
XOpenDisplay()  which will lock _Xglobal_lock to do something and does not
completed, totem thread call some func and lock  _Xglobal_lock too, which cause
our video sink thread poll something and can not unlock _Xglobal_lock.
      I think gdk is not thread safe, so I call gdk_threads_init to use
GDK_THREADS_ENTER and GDK_THREADS_LEAVE before and after calling
XOpenDisplay(), and it is ok ! however, it cause another bug: when I switch
media file in the playlist manually to play, totem is blocked too. I continue
using gdb to find out the reason: some func call another func, they are in the
same thread, both of them are call GDK_THREADS_ENTER. it will cause deadlock if
lock twice in the same thread. the two funcs are gdk_event_source_dispatch and
gdk_event_source_prepare.
      So I doubt that, why totem does not use GDK_THREADS_ENTER and
GDK_THREADS_LEAVE default (does not call gdk_threads_init yet). if use, it will
cause the problem I met.
  my system:
  ubuntu: 11.10
  totem: 3.0.1