Sorry that this report got unanswered for quite some time. We are sorry
that we do not always have the capacity to look at all reported bugs in
a timely manner. There have been many changes in Ubuntu since that time
of this bug and the problem may have been fixed with some of the
updates. It would help us a lot if somebody could test it on a currently
supported Ubuntu version. When you test it and it is still an issue,
kindly upload the updated logs by running apport-collect <bug #> if the
original reporter, or opening a new but with other logs that are
relevant for this particular issue.

** Changed in: totem (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to totem in Ubuntu.

  Video Player does not show any video, but has audio, if connected to
  an external monitor (dual monitor setup)

Status in “totem” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: totem

  I'm running Ubuntu 9.10 on my Macbook. The video player works fine on
  my laptop, but when I connect (via VGA) to the external monitor
  (Chimei 22 inches), the video player doesn't show any video at all,
  only audio. Flash works fine though. btw, codecs are installed in my
  machine, so there are no problems there. Also tried it in VLC, the
  same problem persists. I really need help.

  My Specs:
  Desktop Environment: GNOME 2.28.1
  Kernel: Linux 2.6.31-13-generic
  Platform: i686