I have the result of the tests.

1) there is a problem with the pactl list. Here is the error message:

Échec lors de la connexion : Connexion refusée
Échec de pa_context_connect() : Connexion refusée

In the first attachment I sent, there were the result of the command : pactl
list sinks
But I don't think it's exactly what you want as result.

2) pulseaudi seems also to fail, as log file was very small

But after this first test, I have ask my daughter to open sound config,
and the 'sortie factice' was replaced by 'dummy output' which seems to
be the translation of 'sortie factice'.

As I don't see quicly that pactl fails and it seems pulseaudio too, she
launched a few time these commands, and at the end, pulseaudio return
was what I send. I don't know if it's due to the killall command ?

Now, after a test, the sound is gone back again and the sound is heard in
internal speakers and in external speakers when present.
But, in sound config, there is no input and output devices, and impossible to
change the sound level (all is grayed).

Thanks
A+

** Attachment added: "pulseverbose.log"

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pulseaudio/+bug/1112918/+attachment/3530746/+files/pulseverbose.log

Packages, which is subscribed to pulseaudio in Ubuntu.

  After uprading from 11.10 to 12.04, no more sound (Sortie factice)

Status in “pulseaudio” package in Ubuntu:

  I have tried a few things found on the web about this bug, but
  impossible to solve the problem

  My computer is an ASUS X51L

  I have joined a few command outputs which are in the attached file
  audio.zip.

  Thanks to help to solve the problem.

  A+