Created attachment 74454
xorg.conf

xorg.conf test case used to verify

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg-server in Ubuntu.

  Manpage needs update - Device entry no longer mandatory

Status in X.Org X server:
  Fix Released
Status in “xorg-server” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: xorg

  My config file does not have a 'Device' identifier for the 'Screen' section.
  Yet my Xorg runs fine (without any errors or warning in the log file).

  The manpage for 'xorg.conf' says "The Identifier and Device entries
  are mandatory.  All others are optional."

  Perhaps the manpage is outdated?