This bug report is being closed due to your last comment regarding this
being fixed with an update. For future reference you can manage the
status of your own bugs by clicking on the current status in the yellow
line and then choosing a new status in the revealed drop down box. You
can learn more about bug statuses at
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Bugs/Status. Thank you again for taking the time
to report this bug and helping to make Ubuntu better. Please submit any
future bugs you may find.

** Changed in: firefox (Ubuntu)

  Firefox is reported to be running after I close it out.

Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I am running Firefox 3.6.24 which was installed with Ubuntu 10.04 LTS.
  There are 2 scenarios:
  1) I close Firefox, then attempt an Ubuntu shutdown.  A message appears
(paraphrasing) "Firefox is still running, do I want to shutdown anyway?"  This
happen ~20% of the time.
  2) I close Firefox, and the icon in the bottom tray disappears, but if I
click on the Firefox icon at the top to restart Firefox, a message appears
"Firefox is already running, but is not responding. To open a new window, you
must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart your system."  Even
after the Firefox icon in the bottom tray disappears again, I cannot restart
Firefox w/o getting that message.  If I then restart Ubuntu, I can re-open
Firefox.  This happens ~10% of the time.