I take it back. The patch works beautifully! Well done sir

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-desktop3 in Ubuntu.

  AM/PM time no longer working in Gnome Shellin Raring

Status in GNOME Shell:
  Fix Released
Status in “gnome-desktop3” package in Ubuntu:

  After upgrading to Raring, my clock at the top center of the shell is
  no longer showing AM/PM time, but rather 24hour time. It is set to
  AM/PM time in the date and time settings, but it seems as if that
  setting no longer works. Toggling it back and forth does nothing and
  only 24 hour time will show.

  Package: gnome-shell 3.6.3.1-0ubuntu1
  ApportVersion: 2.8-0ubuntu4
  Architecture: amd64
  Date: Thu Feb 21 01:11:05 2013
  DisplayManager: gdm
  GsettingsChanges:
   b'org.gnome.desktop.interface' b'clock-format' b"'12h'"
   b'org.gnome.desktop.interface' b'clock-show-date' b'true'
   b'org.gnome.desktop.interface' b'font-name' b"'Ubuntu 10'"
   b'org.gnome.desktop.interface' b'monospace-font-name' b"'Ubuntu Mono 11'"
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu GNOME Remix 12.10 "Quantal Quetzal" - Release
amd64(20121023)
  MarkForUpload: True
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=en_US:en
   PATH=(custom, no user)
   XDG_RUNTIME_DIR=<set>
   LANG=en_US.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  SourcePackage: gnome-shell
  UpgradeStatus: Upgraded to raring on 2013-02-21 (0 days ago)