I tested this on LibreOffice 3.5.7.2 Build ID: 350m1(Build:2), Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
with a HP AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 840T Processor × 4, using 32 bit.
If I enter an email address and press enter, then press F2 I can edit the
address in the cell not the status bar where it remains highligted. If I start
to edit in the status bar I have to delete the email address and start over.
Hope this helps.

  Spreadsheet editing email addresses

Status in LibreOffice Productivity Suite:
  New
Status in The OpenOffice.org Suite:
  Confirmed
Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix
Status in “openoffice.org” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: openoffice.org

  1) lsb_release -rd
  Release:      12.04

  2) apt-cache policy libreoffice-calc
  libreoffice-calc:
    Installed: 1:3.5.3-0ubuntu1
    Candidate: 1:3.5.3-0ubuntu1
    Version table:
   *** 1:3.5.3-0ubuntu1 0
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise-updates/main i386
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status
       1:3.5.2-2ubuntu1 0
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/main i386 Packages

  3) What is expected to happen in a blank Calc spreadsheet is when one types
in cell A1:
  exam...@example.com

  clicks Enter, then highlights the cell and clicks F2, one may edit the
  hyperlink.

  4) What happens instead is that the hyperlink is uneditable this way.

  WORKAROUND: Highlight the cell -> click Insert -> Hyperlink.