Reopening as part of a review of closed paper cuts.

** Changed in: hundredpapercuts

  "Unmount" in volume right-click menu, is tech-speak and undiscoverable

Status in One Hundred Paper Cuts:
  New
Status in Nautilus:
  New
Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:

  If I right click a removable device in computer:// there is an
  "Unmount Volume" option. There's two issues with this:

  1) "Unmount" is a technical term users can not be anticipated to know
  what means. "Remove safely" or something would probably be better.

  2) It is not easily discoverable. This is bad for two reasons:
        2.1 - People does not necesarily know that a usb-stick should be
properly unmounted to ensure filesystem integrity.
        2.2 - It is not possible to just eject a CD by pushing the eject button
on the drive.

  I think the best solution for 2) is to add an Eject/Remove Safely icon
  in the notification area, popping up a eject/remove safely dialog when
  clicked.