[Expired for lightdm (Ubuntu) because there has been no activity for 60
days.]

** Changed in: lightdm (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.

  Login as root using gnome 2 shell (fallback) hangs when loggin in, but
  other users  login just fine in Ubuntu 12.04

Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:
  Expired

Bug description:
  When I come to the login screen, with its list of users, I select
  "other" and type "root" and then give the password, nothing happens.
  All the other users accounts I can log into without any problem. I am
  using Gnome 2 (gnome 2 fallback session) with ubuntu 12.04 precise. I
  can use su root ok though, in another users desktop from a terminal.
  And why does Appearances not give me the faciltiy to download and
  install new Gnome Art themes any more? Are the two problems connected?
  Any help would be appreciated.