OK, even after accepting to complete the installation of the languages,
French still does not appear in the "Language of the windows and menus"
list.

And when I click on "Install / delete the languages..." I get the list
of the "installed languages" where the French check-box is not ticked.

But on the same time, I do get the gnome-language-support windows
translated in French !

Packages, which is subscribed to language-selector in Ubuntu.

  too many languages installed by default ?

Status in “language-selector” package in Ubuntu:

  Hi,

  I'm testing a French daily build of Ubuntu 13.04.

  Just after hitting "Test Ubuntu", I opened gnome-language-selector.
  It told me that the languages were not completely installed and I answered to
remind it me later.

  Strangely, in the list of the "Language of the windows and menus", French
does not appear at all, but instead I get a bunch of languages (excepted
English) that I'm not using :
  - English,
  - Deutsch (Deutschalnd)
  - English (Australia)
  - English (Canada)
  - English (United Kingdom)
  - English (New Zealand)
  - English (United States)
  - Espanol
  - Portugûes (Brasil)
  - Portugûes (Portugal)
  and probably Chinese (I cannot reproduce the signs bu you can check the
screenshot)

  This might be considered as "normal" as the languages are not
  completely installed (as the message said), but still remains very
  strange for a basic end user testing Ubuntu...

  Package: language-selector-common 0.106
  Uname: Linux 3.8.0-11-generic i686
  ApportVersion: 2.9.1-0ubuntu1
  Architecture: i386