Closing due to age.
If a similar problem appears in the latest Ubuntu release please open a new
report.

** Changed in: evolution-data-server (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to evolution-data-server in Ubuntu.

  The number of messages reported in the title bar is wrong

Status in The Evolution Mail & Calendaring Tool:
  Invalid
Status in Evolution Data Server:
  Expired
Status in “evolution-data-server” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  The number of messages reported in the title bar is different of the number of
  messages reported in the folder properties dialog.
  For instance, in my Inbox, the title bar says I have 1262 messages but in the
  folder properties dialog it says I have 1300 messages. This only happens in
the
  Inbox folder.

  In any way, reporting the number of messages of a folder in the title bar is
  useless. If it reported the number of *unread* messages, maybe it could be of
  some use but it would be far more interesting to have this information next
to a
  folder name, like Mozilla Thunderbird does.