So, I have this problem on lenovo ideapad y460, with hybrid graphics
(AMD 5650 and intel) on ubuntu 12.10 with preinstalled open-source video
drivers.

To reproduce bug on my system:

1) switch off discrette videocard using vgaswitcheroo:

kirill@lenovo:~$ sudo -s
[sudo] password for kirill:
root@lenovo:~# echo OFF > /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch
root@lenovo:~# cat /sys/kernel/debug/vgaswitcheroo/switch
0:DIS: :Off:0000:01:00.0
1:IGD:+:Pwr:0000:00:02.0
2:DIS-Audio:+:Off:0000:01:00.1
root@lenovo:~#

2) switch to any TTY using ctrl+alt+F1..F6
3) switch back to X-server using ctrl+alt+F7

After that I see the scree in state I leave it, but in frost state (for
example, I can open gif animation, switch to TTY and back, and after I
have static image on screen). Also I can't use keyboard and mouse.

If I try to go to the TTY and back with discrette videocard switched on,
it works fine.

I have that bug on 12.10 and 13.04. But 10.10, 11.04, 11.10 and 12.04
work great.

** Affects: xorg (Ubuntu)

** Tags: 12.10 bot-comment
--
system hangs when switching between TTY and X (12.10)
Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.