I have successfully installed and run language-selector 0.79.2 and
accountsservice 0.6.15-2ubuntu9.5 from precise-proposed. When following
the test case steps above I was prompted to install hunspell-fr as
expected, even if French is not selected as my current language.

I also generated the locale zh_CN.utf8 using locale-gen() (simplified
Chinese is not installed) and restarted gnome-language-selector. I was
not prompted to install any Chinese language support files.

** Tags removed: verification-needed
** Tags added: verification-done

Packages, which is subscribed to language-selector in Ubuntu.

  Check for missing language support for all installed languages

Status in “accountsservice” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “language-selector” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “accountsservice” source package in Precise:
  Fix Committed
Status in “language-selector” source package in Precise:
  Fix Committed

Bug description:
  [Impact]
  When dealing with bug 1103547 it was considered appropriate to let
language-selector start checking for missing language support packages for all
installed languages. At first hand it's the fix of 'the hunspell issue' in bug
1103547 that is anxious to backport as an SRU. This bug is related to bug
1103547 in such a way that it's reasonable to backport also the fix of this bug
as an SRU.

  [Test Case]
  Steps to reproduce:
  * On an updated Precise (and assuming that French was not already installed),
install French via the "Installed Languages" window in Language Support.
  * Close Language Support
  * Remove hunspell-fr:
    sudo dpkg -r hunspell-fr
  * Start Language Support and note that you are not prompted to install the
missing package hunspell-fr.

  [Regression Potential]
  Besides the proposed change to LanguageSelector.py, and to prevent undesired
side effects, we identified a need to:
  * backport
https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/accountsservice/0.6.29-1ubuntu5, and
  * modify available_languages() in language_support_pkgs.py to safely exclude
non-installed languages.
  Given those supplementary changes (which are included in this SRU request),
the regression risk should be low.