Public bug reported:

I have tried different drivers, currently running the (Ath9k) that
defaulted with 12.10. There is no /etc/modprobe.d/ath9k.conf  and I have
yet to see anything else get added to that folder when I install "wcid"
either. I am new to Linux after being a windows "tool" for years. Anyway
I know my way around the terminal a little and I'm comfortable with
Python. I've spent a fair amount of time on this issue, but before I
throw hours and days at it till it's fixed, I thought I would ask the
community for help.

I have an Asus laptop with a Atheros Wifi Card -

My wifi does connect and sometimes it stays connected for hours, but
other times it just keeps on disconnecting. Everything works fine when I
switch over to Win7, which I still have installed as a 2nd OS. I'm also
trying to hunt down the driver bug for a Brother MFC-615j printer using
the cupswrapper that's recommended, but have yet to succeed and print a
test print.

Please ask me for any information you need to help me with this. I will
very quickly reply with anything you request, but please keep in mind
that I am still new to Linux, so terminal commands need to be disclosed
as I have yet to learn them all. :)

Thanks in advanced!!!

** Affects: network-manager (Ubuntu)

  Ath9k - AUSU - 12.10 Updated - wireless keeps disconnecting

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu: