** Also affects: xserver-xorg-video-intel (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in Ubuntu.

  X continuously freezing with /usr/share/apport/apport-gpu-error-
  intel.py error afterward

Status in X.org xf86-video-intel:
  New
Status in “xorg” package in Ubuntu:
  New
Status in “xserver-xorg-video-intel” package in Ubuntu:

  Ubuntu 12.04 LTS rendered completely unusable on my Lenovo T520. After
  only 5-10 minutes of use, X freezes. To reproduce it, all I need to do
  is browse the web or open random programs and files. About 75% of the
  time after a reboot, I will be asked for file a bug report for the
  "/usr/share/apport/apport-gpu-error-intel.py" executable.

  The problem appears to have started a few days ago during one of the
  latest kernel updates. I have searched around the Internet and found
  numerous people reporting the same problem, which appeared around the
  same time, e.g.,

  http://askubuntu.com/questions/270839/usr-share-apport-apport-gpu-
  error-intel-py-error

  ^--- this is only one of many posts about the same problem, around the
  same time frame. There are others on Ubuntu Answers and there are also
  some recent, similar bug reports.

  I am running a Lenovo T520 with an "Intel 2nd Generation Core
  Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)" video
  chipset

  When I look in /var/crash at the crash reports themselves, I see
  information like the following: