Can you please attach an Xorg.0.log so that I have details of your
system?

Packages, which is subscribed to xserver-xorg-video-intel in Ubuntu.

  [i915] Xv video falls apart and flickers when obstructed by 2 windows

Status in “xserver-xorg-video-intel” package in Ubuntu:

  Xv video does not paint properly when partially obstructed by multiple
windows in certain places.
  (see the attachment)
  Note that one of the obstructing windows depicts my attempt to use apport-bug.

  I tried with mplayer2 and vlc as Xv video players.

  I tried with Pekwm and Fluxbox as window managers.

  I tried with Pekwm, positioned the windows, stopped pekwm (running WM-free
X11)   the flickering stopped.
  I don't know to move windows without a window manager, so I didn't try
another positions of the obstructing windows.