@Nick, you can also use a live boot from cd or usb drive with ubuntu
13.04 on it.

After booting you can see if the problem still occurs and run 'apport-
collect 1153734' as suggested by Dave Lentz.

Packages, which is subscribed to xorg in Ubuntu.

  Corrupt graphics on Ubuntu 13.04

Status in “xorg” package in Ubuntu:

  Just upgraded to Ubuntu 13.04 64-bit, fresh install onto SSD drive on
  Advent 9113 lappy. Intel Dual Core T2310 @1.46Ghz x 2 and Intel 965GM
  2 Gb Ram. While using open office I notice the display was vey
  twitchy, it got so bad I started saving my document frequently. It's
  not just OO, it does it all the time. I thought it was the display
  connection failing as tapping the laptop would return the display
  normal. It never crashes, keeps going but just can't see what I'm
  typing. Even now, I see the screen twitching. I have re-inserted my
  old drive, booted up and everything is stable. The old system was
  12.10 32bit. Anyone got any idea's??